- What is viking knitting?
In short what we call viking knitting is a modern approximation of how wire was woven into a chain and then stretched to create jewelry worn by the wealthy members of old Norse societies.
- What is this store’s return and exchange policy?
There are no returns or exchanges unless the item is damaged upon arrival. Photo documentation required. In the event that your request for a return is approved, the customer is responsible for return shipping.
- BRACELET FIT GUIDE
I have a fit guide for bracelets. Lengths or approximations will be included on item listings. To know if a bracelet is right for you, you will need your wrist measurement. Use the guide below for your fit preferences!
Tight fit – add ¼ – ½ inch (0.6 – 1.25 cm) bigger than your wrist measurement
Comfortable fit – ¾ to 1 inch (1.9 – 2.5 cm) bigger than your wrist measurement
Loose fit – 1 ¼ (or slightly more) (3.2 cm or more) than your wrist measurement
- Are your products hypoallergenic?
Most of my pieces are hypoallergenic! However, in some pieces there may be nickel, brass, or the occasional unknown metal (particularly for recycled components). If you have any questions please ask!
- Care Instructions
Avoid getting your jewelry wet! It’s okay to get a little wet while out and about, but do not shower or swim with your jewelry on. While the viking knit wire chains will not tarnish, certain clasps, charms, or beads may do so. Your jewelry is best stored in a jewelry pouch or in plastic. Do not store them under heavy objects as this could irreparably damage the chain on your piece.
- Do you accept orders placed outside of the United States?
Yes, I do! Please note that I am not responsible for any customs fees or import taxes levied by your country. If you are based in the UK please see the next question for details related to your country.
- What about the United Kingdom?
As of 1 January 2021 the United Kingdom has changed how import VAT is collected. Orders under £135 require that VAT be collected by my US-based business to be remitted to HMRC quarterly. At the moment Fox Bones Jewelry is unable to do this and cannot accept orders under £135 through this site. If you would like to place an order under this amount, please contact me to make special arrangements. Orders placed that are valued over £135 can be placed through this site as the VAT is collected in the United Kingdom through standard procedures.
- Why are your international shipping rates so high?
International shipping is absurdly high in cost no matter which country it is. I am trying to find a solution to make shipping internationally more affordable, but until then I am taking a slight hit on it to try to help international customers.
- How long will it take to receive my order?
Once shipped most domestic orders take anywhere from 2 to 10 business days to arrive depending on the efficiency of your local postal service. International shipping delivery times may vary between 2 and 12 weeks.
- Do you take custom orders?
Yes! Many of my pieces can be made to order for you (unless it is specifically stated that the piece is one-of-a-kind), but if you have your own idea for a piece I can do that too! The one exception is for keychains, which are specifically made from scrap wire. If you are interested in a custom piece please use the contact form on this website or contact me via email or social media.
- What is your production time?
It depends on the size and complexity of the piece. While most jewelry in the shop is already made (and therefore ready to ship immediately) many pieces require several days or more than one week to create. Some products may take longer to create based on how many other orders I have. I do my best to turn around made-to-order pieces within 1-2 weeks.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as Providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Amy Fox, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.